Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CHRISTMAS COMICS
I have a liking for Christmas comics. Probably my favourite is Christmas with the Super-Heroes, a DC compilation.
It features Neal Adams, Nick Cardy, Dick Dillin, Mike Friedrich, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Dick Giordano, Bob Haney, Paul Levitz, Frank Miller, Denny O’Neill and others. It was published in 1988, a time when a nostalgic feeling for my own Christmases past was starting to come through.











Mark Waid wrote a nostalgia fuelled editorial for it...











I think my favourite story is the charming Superman and Santa Claus. Written by Len Wein and E. Nelson Bridwell, and drawn by Curt Swan and Murphy Anderson, it neatly tied together both fictional characters by playing on the idea that they both lived in the North Pole.





















Great stuff all round. Pick up a copy if you can find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment