Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SOME SCOTTISH COMICS UNCONFERENCE PHOTOS


I attended the Scottish Comics Unconference Meet-Up in Glasgow last week. Here are a few photos from the day.

This is the table where attendees left comics donations in order to repay the free use of the venue. A pretty good selection, I thought.

Here's Damon Herd drawing the sign which would later be used to collect ideas for topics to be discussed.

Hattie Kennedy calls proceedings to order.

Kelly Kanayama considers topics. I wrote "Making comics" and "Self-publishing".

Unfortunately, the two talks I was most interested in clashed (Self-publishing and Autobiography). As it was, I went for self-publishing and was asked to talk about my experiences to get the thing rolling.

As the day progressed, it was nice to see many of the people at the discussions drawing away. Ludi Price encouraged me to join in too and I did! I tweeted the following:


The day ended with a DeeCAP comics reading. I decided to do my two stories from the latest issue of Treehouse. Here's a photo taken by cartoonist Paddy Johnston (who also performed):


The Unconference seemed to be enjoyed by everyone. I'd certainly go along if they held another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment