Thursday, October 15, 2009

ORIGINAL KIRBY HULK ART

A while back I paid tribute to Jack Kirby, and in particular his stupendous work on The Incredible Hulk. After much thought, I chose one particular page to illustrate how good he was. In the time since I posted that, I mused on how it would be great to get a hold of the original art for that page. Kirby originals sell for a lot of money. If you know anything about Marvel Comics, you'll know they practically used the original art of their books as coasters, so I wondered if that page still existed.

Well, I had a look through the latest printing of the Hulk Marvel Masterworks book at the library, and guess what was included as an extra in the back. Two original page reproductions, one of them the artwork in question! I can't resist posting that...


















While I'm at it, here's the other one. It's great too...


















The great man's signature at the bottom...

No comments:

Post a Comment