Wednesday, January 13, 2010

INTERESTING

David Mazzucchelli: I think there is often a distrust of pictures to carry content.

Dash Shaw: That makes sense a little bit, because not many people are really interested in dissecting pictures.

DM: I think that's true, and in fact, I don't have the book in front of me, but it would be interesting to see how much of the book has pages with panels in which there are no words.

DS: In Epileptic?

DM: In Epileptic, or in Maus. Because I remember Spiegelman saying when he made Maus, knowing that he was creating it potentially for people who weren't used to reading comics, he made sure that he put all the important information in the text.

DS: That's really weird. That's really weird to me.

DM: Well, that's weird to you because you grew up thinking about comics and how the two feed each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment