Monday, February 22, 2010

COMICS STAMPEDE

I've been a bit of a stamp collector on and off over the years. Not in any serious way, I just like the fact that they are little artwork prints.
Some of the stamps I've picked up have been comics related. I thought I'd share them here.

Let's start with Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future from The Eagle...














This stamp is from an early 1990s UK commemorative set. The theme was not comics. It was a series of characters receiving or sending messages. So here we have Dan Dare in the future - in fact the year 2030, as opposed to the 1990s, the time Dare and co. occupied in the original comics - reading a "Cosmic Space Lines Radiostat Message". The Mekon appears to be sneaking a peak at Dare's messages too.

I have no idea who drew this. If anyone does, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment