Monday, November 07, 2016

THOUGHT BUBBLE 2016

I travelled to the Thought Bubble convention in Leeds at the weekend where Treehouse issue 10 was launched.

Cover by Kathryn Briggs

This latest issue features Kathryn Briggs, Andy Herd, David Peter Kerr, Balazs Lorinczi, Stuart McAdam, Neil Scott and me!

It's available to buy online now, along with my new edition of the collected Berserkotron. Have a look here.

The con was great fun. I always enjoy hanging out with the Treehouse crew and it's nice to see in person comics creators from across the UK that I admire and/or usually only converse with online.

This year it was good to see many folks from the Dundee Comics MLitt course in attendance too, as exhibitors, volunteers and punters!

I managed to completely miss people I would have liked to have seen, but it's so busy that always seems to happen.

A couple of haul photos!

I bought these comics from creators tabling at the con:


Also dug around in the back issue bins for this lot:



I was geeking out a bit about Mike Mignola being in attendance and got him to sign a few comics I brought along…


On Saturday afternoon I took a little detour and walked into Leeds city centre. I'd taken part in the Thought Bubble competition this year and they had the entries on display digitally in the library's art gallery. 


Another enjoyable Thought Bubble Comic Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment