Monday, May 03, 2021

INDIANA JONES and the AGE OLD QUESTION

Over the past few years, I have done guest comics for Star Jaws, published by Robin Barnard and Barnstormer Comics. Star Jaws is a love letter to / parody of Star Wars and the UK Star Wars comics of the 1970s and 1980s. As I’m a big Star Wars fan, I have fun coming up with stories to run by Robin and see if he’ll use them.

Last month, as I drifted off to sleep, I had an idea for an Indiana Jones comic and wondered if Robin would be interested. It’s not Star Wars, but it does have the Lucasfilm/Harrison Ford connection, so maybe..?

Woke up the next day, keen to ask Robin. But before I messaged him, I saw this online:


What a coincidence! This was perfect! I read his mind, or vice versa.

Now I couldn’t wait to tell him I had an Indy comic idea, and ask if he wanted it for this. He did, and agreed for it to appear in the second issue. 

I’m working away on it, with pencils done. I’ll be inking and colouring it before the release date of 14th May. Look out for it online then!

No comments:

Post a Comment