Thursday, December 29, 2022

FRED EGG COMICS REVIEW OF THE YEAR 2022


2022 started off with a contribution to Pocket Thoughts Annual #4; a story called "Every Friggin' Stop". 

That Comic Smell podcast did two episodes in January; Intention Fails / Best Of 2021; and Reviews Chit Chat part 1.

In February That Comic Smell Comic #2 came out, featuring stories from all of us, alongside Alan Henderson and Olivia Hicks.

I guested on Marvel Star Wars Explorers discussing Dark Empire 2 #2.

That Comic Smell had their second Chit Chat episode.

I had a piece of artwork in the JUDGE DREDD GALLERY at I ❤ COMICS ONLINE CON

Sadly, Ian Kennedy passed away, and in tribute I posted an interview with him, and an article on a commission he did for me.

I did a comic called Wacky Space Race 1980 for Star Jaws #55.

March was a busy podcast month, with That Comic Smell having their third Comics Chit Chat, and also celebrating their 100th episode.

Then I also discussed Barefoot Gen by Keiji Nakazawa on Never Iron Anything with Tony Esmond.

I did a comic called Drive Legal for AFTER THAT! #65 in June.

In July, THAT COMIC SMELL did a George Perez & Neal Adams Tribute.

Then in August, That Comic Smell as a whole guested on OMEN TO THAT with Damian Edwardson.

I talked Star Trek: The Mirror Universe Saga on Never Iron Anything podcast.

In October, I released my latest comic book Reject All, available at the shop.

THAT COMIC SMELL covered Monster Comics and Oor Wullie / The Broons.

On MEGA CITY BOOK CLUB, I discussed Captain Condor with Eamonn Clarke.

This past month, Marc KZ released Liget 5.5, featuring translated comics he's drawn from my scripts.

And to round the year off, That Comic Smell had our Christmas get together and discussed our favourite comics merchandise / tat!

In 2023, I have work coming up in Pocket Thoughts Annual #5. I will be continuing work on strips for the third That Comic Smell Comic anthology, and my next long form comic story. I am also toying with putting together a collection of my very earliest comics from way back in the previous century.

Have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment